Still scrambling for last minute ideas for Mother’s Day? We’ve got you covered with these ideas to treat mom in the neighborhood this weekend.
- Skip Hallmarks and pick up a card for mom at Green in BKLYN at 432 Myrtle Avenue.
2. For moms with a green thumb, stop by the P.S. 20 Farms’ plant sale from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. this Saturday at Madiba at 195 Dekalb Avenue. Students grow the seedlings for sale as part of their urban agriculture program.
3. Lines for brunch too long? Take your mom out to happy hour in the neighborhood. Complex Magazine just put together a list of the best happy hours in Fort Greene and Clinton Hill. Hanson Dry at 925 Fulton Street has drink specials on Sundays from 12 p.m. until 8 p.m.
4. If you want to make her a drink instead, stop by Tipsy at 584 Myrtle Avenue this Saturday at 3 p.m. and learn how to concoct a special cocktail for mom. The wine store is also offering a special Mother’s Day promotion.
5. Does your mom have a sweet-tooth? Treat her to tasty cupcakes and a relaxing manicure. Polish Bar of Brooklyn at 470 Myrtle Avenue and Brooklyn Sweet Spot at 366 Myrtle Avenue teamed up to put together a “Fine as Wine” gift basket with a bottle of Riondo sparkling wine, a glass flute, a choice of chocolate-covered strawberries or cupcakes and a $15 gift certificate to Polish Bar for just $35. Stop by the store, or call Polish Bar of Brooklyn at or Brooklyn Sweet Spot at to order one.